Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings

I know it sounds strange, but the recipe is really good. Apple pastries are one of my favorite desserts. When I saw the recipe for this one, which included adding a small can of Mountain Dew I had to try it. These are very quick and easy to make.

INGREDIENTS:
2 large apples (Granny Smith or Gala are good)
2 (10 oz) refrigerated crescent roll dough tubes
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 can Mountain Dew

PREPARATION:
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan. Core each apple and cut into eight wedges each. Separate dough into triangles. Roll apple wedge into dough, starting at small end; pinch to seal and place in baking dish.

Melt butter in saucepan and add sugar and cinnamon, pour over dumplings. Pour Mountain dew around sides and down the middle of the pan, but not over the dumplings. You do not use the whole can, probably half. Bake 35 to 45 minutes and let them sit 10 minutes before serving.

Print Page

4 comments:

calmMist said...

Would it matter if I used a different apple such as Pink Lady? They are the only apples I have currently.

calmMist said...

I made these anyway with the Pink Lady apples and they were still delicious! I'll definitely be making them again. :)

Kate said...

I'd like to know if the Mt Dew can be omitted to make it a little healthier?

Jen said...

Kate...you could probably use diet Mt Dew...but the recipe is called Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings.